Friday, July 29, 2016

End-of-Week MacDougall (7/29/16): A Different Larry


I was surfing around ye olde cyberspace this morning, looking for another Elmore piece to share, as per usual. But I stumbled upon the work of a different Larry: Larry MacDougall! You can check him out on Tumblr. His work seems familiar. Wondering what publications I've seen it in before...anyone have a clue to send my way?


Mr. MacDougall's work is reminiscent of John Howe in a way...perhaps because it the images seem dream-like, with a softness to them that's hard to describe. I also see shades of Charles Vess...but that's just me coming from my own biases. 


Ultimately, the art reminds me of what you might encounter in the Beyond the Wall RPG, as it depicts more mystical and whimsical settings and characters. What do you think? 


Have a great weekend, and happy gaming!

1 comment:

  1. Larry McDougal's black and white illustrations are all over 2-3rd edition shadowrun if that helps?
    I've never seen his colour work before, that's lovely, ta!

    ReplyDelete