Friday, February 14, 2014

D&D@40 Blog Hop: Day 14








 +









= BLENDIGO!

Day 14: Did you meet your significant other while playing D&D?

Heck no! I married the most wonderful woman in the world, but roleplaying in any form is not her cup of tea at all. She hates the whole "pretending to be someone else" thing, to be specific. Not because she can't do it, but because she just doesn't enjoy it.
 
So, to be clear, she doesn't hate RPGs, or the fact that I roleplay. She's pretty indifferent about it. She knows I like it, and I don't think she quite understands the appeal. But she gives me no crap for being into roleplaying games.
 
How do I know she loves me? Well, she once overcame her distaste for the "play-acting" aspect of roleplaying by bringing up the subject of gaming during vacation. I blogged about it a while back. She wanted to do something she thought would make me happy, and I also think she was genuinely curious about what I saw in the hobby. Since then, I've asked her if she wanted to try it again, and she hasn't hesitated to say "no." Once was enough for her.
 
To each their own!
 
There was a second part to today's Blog Hop topic, which said we could "post a randomly generated monster in protest of Valentine's Day." Well, I've decided to interpret that as I see fit, and created the corny V-Day themed creature I call the BLENDIGO! This malevolent spirit of loneliness possesses those made vulnerable by a broken heart. Once it inhabits the human form, the hapless victim feels an uncontrollable urge to rip out the hearts of happy people and tear them to bits!

In the modern age, the creature has been given the name "blendigo" because of its weapon of choice: the blender! Why be a monster who is stuck in the dark ages, rending its victims with just claws and teeth? Progress, baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment