Friday, March 1, 2013

End-of-Week Elmore (3/1/13)


In honor of today's palindrome date, I say to you: Go Hang a Salami! I'm a Lasagna Hog!
 
With regard to the illo above, apparently we're shown Gandalf, Conan, Drizzt Do'Urden, Elric...King Arthur and Robin Hood?! Really? Why do I keep hearing a sing-song "two of these things are not like the others" over and over in my head?
 
I mean, sure, are Arthur and Robin mostly mythical figures? That's the current wisdom. But still, they're believed to be amalgams of numerous historical figures, both known and nameless, from across centuries. I just don't feel like they should be in the same group as the other four. Ah, but Larry does as Larry does, folks.

3 comments:

  1. As far as icons go, it's Drizzle Do'Urkel who doesn't belong anywhere near the rest of those characters, in my humble opinion.

    Able was I ere I saw Elba.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, not my favorite Elmore piece to say the least. Not only because of our noble dark elf friend, but also Conan's cartoonish lay huge axe. C'mon Larry, you can do better!

      Delete
  2. What can we say, but . . .

    Nobody's perfect! Not even Larry. ;)

    ReplyDelete